[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary Mar 25th, 21: Reading: 10 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sat Mar 26 00:58:16 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============
* We had this week's meeting on Mar 24th. Most of the meeting discussions are summarized below (Completed
or in-progress activities section). Meeting full logs are available
@https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-03-24-15.00.log.html

* Due to OpenInfra episode and PTG, we have cancelled the next two meetings[1] and will be meeting on April 14th
Thursday 15:00 UTC, feel free to add the topic on the agenda[2] by April 13th.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* None for this week.

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Yoga cycle
------------------------------
* This etherpad includes the Yoga cycle targets/working items for TC[3].
4 out of 9 items are completed and many are in progress.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Five open reviews for ongoing activities[4].

Consistent and Secure Default RBAC
I sent the updates for Yoga timeline target on ML[5] and created the etherpad
to track this goal for all the milestone[6].  The quick summary is, along with keystone,
Nova has completed the work and neutron is in progress.

Community-wide goals readiness checklist
As we received the feedback in Yoga PTG TC+PTL interaction session, I have
proposed the checklist which can help us to check if the goal is ready to start or
not[7], please review and let us know if more items need to be added.

Zed cycle Leaderless projects
----------------------------------
No updates on this. I am still waiting for Zaqar PTL +1 on the PTL appointment patch[8]
and we will discuss Adjutant in PTG, hoping Braden will be ready with their company
side permission[9].

PTG Preparation
--------------------
Nothing much to share on this but please continue adding the topics in etherpad[10].

Dropping tags framework
------------------------------
Along with deprecation tag removal[11], we are removing the complete framework now[12].

Fixing Zuul config error
----------------------------
Requesting projects with zuul config error to look into those and fix them which should
not take much time[13].

Project updates
-------------------
* None for this week.

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[14].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [15]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-March/027828.html
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[3] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-yoga-tracker
[4] https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:openstack/governance+status:open