[nova]Can I modify the xml of openstac instance by 'virsh edit'

Arne Wiebalck arne.wiebalck at cern.ch
Wed Mar 23 07:53:31 UTC 2022

HanGuangyu,

For testing, e.g. to see if your workloads are sensitive to pinning,
you should be able to use 'virsh vcpupin ...' to pin vCPUs to pCPUs.

To configure pinning in your deployment, the CPU topology docs for
Victoria should help:

https://docs.openstack.org/nova/victoria/admin/cpu-topologies.html

 From our experience (and our workloads), pinning to a NUMA node gives
the same performance as pinning to individual pCPUs and is therefore
good enough.

Hope this helps, cheers,
  Arne