[release] Release countdown for week R-1, Mar 21-25

Előd Illés elod.illes at est.tech
Fri Mar 18 17:05:40 UTC 2022

Development Focus
-----------------

We are on the final mile of the Yoga development cycle!

Remember that the Yoga final release will include the latest release
candidate (for cycle-with-rc deliverables) or the latest intermediary
release (for cycle-with-intermediary deliverables) available.

March 24th is the deadline for final Yoga release candidates
as well as any last cycle-with-intermediary deliverables. We will then
enter a quiet period until we tag the final release on March 30th.
Teams should be prioritizing fixing release-critical bugs, before that
deadline.

Otherwise it's time to start planning the Zed development cycle,
including discussing PTG sessions content, in preparation of
Virtual PTG @ April 4-8.

Actions
-------

Watch for any translation patches coming through on the stable/yoga
branch and merge them quickly. If you discover a release-critical issue,
please make sure to fix it on the master branch first, then backport the
bugfix to the stable/yoga branch before triggering a new release.

Please drop by #openstack-release with any questions or concerns about
the upcoming release !

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Final Yoga release: March 30th, 2022
Next PTG: April 4 - 8, 2022 (virtual)
OpenInfra Summit: June 7-9, 2022 (Berlin)

Előd Illés
irc: elodilles