L3 agent issues

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Fri Mar 18 06:57:08 UTC 2022

Hi,

On czwartek, 17 marca 2022 22:19:22 CET Wada Akor wrote:
> Good to all the openstack community,
> Base on the above subject i was deploying openstack for a proof of concept
> (POC) at the university of Jos ,Plateau State Nigeria .
>
> after deploying the neutron on the controller and compute node
> then I ran  the command # *openstack network agent list*
> command output # is only 3 agent on the list as follow  linuxbridge agent
> ,metadata agent ,DHCP agent no l3 agent on the list
>
> 2) No log file for l3 agent at */var/log/neutron/**neuton*- linuxbridge
> agent ,metadata agent ,DHCP agent on log no l3 agent .
>
> My deployment hardware is HP gen 7 for the POC
>
> please i need the community support
>
> thanks
>
> Wada k Jeremiah

L3 agent isn't something what is deployed automatically. You can deploy it on any node - sometimes You may want dedicated networking node with L3 agent for example.
Please check our documentation [1] for more details.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/install/index.html[1]

--
Slawek Kaplonski
Principal Software Engineer