[release] Independent release jobs are still using old release job templates

Stephen Finucane stephenfin at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 16:29:45 UTC 2022

On Fri, 2022-03-11 at 12:26 +0000, Stephen Finucane wrote:
> tl;dr: How do we get projects using the independent release process to use the
> openstack-python3 zuul job template corresponding to the latest release?

FYI, we've opted to go with the first option below (introducing an unversioned
job template that projects using the independent release process can use). This
was achieved via [1] which should merge shortly. I've pushed a number of patches
to fix this for various oslo- and sdk-affiliated projects [2]. I trust other
teams (puppet? charms?) can handle this for their own projects :)

Cheers,
Stephen

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/openstack-zuul-jobs/+/833286
[2] https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:add-python3-unversioned-jobs