VM instances too slow

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Mar 14 16:10:04 UTC 2022

On 3/14/22 11:11, A Monster wrote:
> After deploying openstack using Kolla ansible, the vm instances are too
> slow
> I'm using one node as controller and two nodes for compute
> Nodes have 64GB ram and two intel xeon e5 2660 CPUs.

Hi,

I believe the right answer is: OpenStack has no relationship with the
slowness of your VMs. The only thing it does is spawning KVM/Qemu
processes, that's all. So if your server is slow, VMs are slow. Are you
sure you've enabled KVM though, and that you're not just running with
Qemu instead?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)