[TC][PTL][ops][all] Release cadence, deprecation, and testing

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Thu Mar 10 15:51:29 UTC 2022

> Kolla Ansible uses rolling upgrades for most services. It doesn't
> support full stop upgrades. I expect it wouldn't be too difficult to
> implement, but it would be a shame to have two different upgrade
> paths.

Okay, well, our method for testing RPC compatibility is grenade
multinode, so we'd need a multinode job that does the skip level
piece. I could try poking at that to see, but again, I think it's asking
a lot from the projects to make that leap right away. If I'm wrong about
that, then we could surely explore that route.

--Dan