[oslo] [tooz] Deprecating etcd3 driver

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at binero.com
Thu Mar 10 15:18:49 UTC 2022

Hello,

I’m proposing that we deprecate the etcd3 driver
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/tooz/+/833107

I will include the commit message below that describes the situation with the
dependency the driver has on the python-etcd3 library.

Please let me know what you think about this action, we
would also like to know if you are using the driver.

Best regards
Tobias

———

Author: Tobias Urdin <tobias.urdin at binero.se<mailto:tobias.urdin at binero.se>>
Date:   Thu Mar 10 15:09:58 2022 +0000

    Deprecate the etcd3 driver

    The etcd3 driver depends on the python-etcd3 [1]
    library that is currently stale and no has no
    active maintenance [2] with a non-working CI
    that blocks all PRs.

    It's also currently blocking Tooz from supporting
    newer versions of tenacity [3] that a lot of
    projects is now pinning because newer version of
    tenacity dropped old legacy compatibility code
    that has been in there for years.

    We currently have etcd3gw as an alternative driver
    where the library the driver depends on is a
    deliverable that we maintain.

    [1] https://github.com/kragniz/python-etcd3
    [2] https://github.com/kragniz/python-etcd3/issues/1719
    [3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/tooz/+/829412

    Change-Id: Iff0cd3b51cfc45ecbddc831c55267e80e9c79cac