[all][TC] Stats about rechecking patches without reason given

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Thu Jun 30 18:06:33 UTC 2022

>> Or vice versa, if there are 20 rechecks for 2 patches, even if neither
>> of them are bare, it's still weird and smth worth reconsidering from
>> project perspective.
>
> I think the idea is to create a culture of debugging and record
> keeping. Yes, I would expect after a few rechecks that maybe the root
> causes would be addressed in this case, but the first step in doing
> that is identifying the problem and making note of it.

Right, that is the goal. Asking for a message at least sets the
expectation that people are looking at the reasons for the fails. Just
because they don't doesn't mean they aren't, or don't care, but I think
it helps reinforce the desired behavior. If nothing else, it also helps
observers realize "huh, I've seen a bunch of rechecks about $reason
lately, maybe we should look at that".

--Dan