[kolla-ansible][wallaby][nova][spice]

Franck VEDEL franck.vedel at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Mon Jun 27 18:51:06 UTC 2022

hello
I have two problems and I ask you for a little help before doing stupid things.
If I correctly diagnosed the first problem, which is to replace novnc by spice in my installation, it is not possible. I'm using Centos, I'm on the Wallaby version, and the last tag for the Docker image is Train.
So my first question is: can I somehow replace novnc with something else, spice or another?

Second question: I would like to switch from Wallaby to Xena (unless we can switch from Wallaby to Yoga... is it possible?) .
After a year of operation, this is the first time I have had to do an update with an openstack in production (student instances have been deleted, end of the academic year) but not used for a few days.
Is the following procedure correct:
git clone --branch stable/xena https://opendev.org/openstack/kolla-ansible
mv kolla-ansible kolla-ansible-xena (to keep multiple versions)
pip install ./kolla-ansible-xena
kolla-ansible -i multinode bootstrap-servers
kolla-ansible -i multinode prechecks
kolla-ansible -i multinode deploy

What to do with globals.yml and the /etc/kolla/config overload? no changes ?

Thank you in advance for your help, for your answers, and for an update procedure if you have one.

Sincerely

Franck