[all][horizon][django 4.0] Failure to build (FTBFS) with Django 4.0

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jun 24 14:21:54 UTC 2022

On 2022-06-24 15:00:34 +0200 (+0200), Thomas Goirand wrote:
> A number of RC bugs were filed against my packages in Debian Unstable:
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/1013488 Horizon
> https://bugs.debian.org/1013475 django-pyscss
> https://bugs.debian.org/1013515 ironic-ui
> https://bugs.debian.org/1013605 django-formtools
> https://bugs.debian.org/1013603 enmerkar
> https://bugs.debian.org/1013506 ara
>
> If you have a fix, and can post the link to the patch in the Debian bug
> tracker, that'd be very much appreciated and help these packages not being
> auto-removed from Debian testing. Otherwise, you can always ping me on IRC.

It looks like global requirements has been getting conservative
Django version cap increases. Most recently,
https://review.opendev.org/813405 raised it from <3.0 to <3.3 in
October. If OpenStack is going to start testing with 4.x versions, a
similar change will need to be proposed so we can see what the
fallout might be upstream.
--
Jeremy Stanley