[all][foundation][ecosystem][tc] External projects under the foundation hat

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jun 22 23:36:34 UTC 2022

On 2022-06-22 16:30:47 -0500 (-0500), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
[...]
> AFAIK, there is no governance requirement from OpenStack to have
> the project be hosted on OpenDev, nor from OpenInfra
> Foundation/Bylaws (that is why not all Open Infra projects are on
> OpenDev). So I do not think we need any change in the governance
> because we do not even have such restrictions.
[...]

If that's the consensus of the TC, then I recommend updating
https://opendev.org/openstack/governance/src/branch/master/reference/new-projects-requirements.rst
(particularly the parts where it says "The project uses public code
reviews on the OpenStack infrastructure" and "The project has core
reviewers and adopts a test-driven gate in the OpenStack
infrastructure for changes").
--
Jeremy Stanley