Neutron/OVN + IPv6

Tiago Pires tiagohp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 20:44:23 UTC 2022

Hi Tim,

>From the border routers to the Internet, it is not a problem to summarize
the /64 in /48 for example.
My point is how to know the next-hop neutron router's IP that has a subnet
/64 behind it? When you have many routers, we need a dynamic mechanism for
it.
I think the neutron ML2/OVN gap is to not support IPv6 Prefix delegation
that would be the better solution for it.
And Neutron BGP dynamic with OVN is not supported as I could check in the
documentation.
So, I don't know if there is another way to use IPv6 using the integration
with Neutron and OVN.

Regards,

Tiago Pires