[Tripleo] - IPv6 Wallaby Undercloud Installation failure

Harald Jensas hjensas at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 12:01:42 UTC 2022

On 6/21/22 09:19, Lokendra Rathour wrote:
> Hi Team,
> So, I am still not able to provision overcloud baremetal nodes using
> IPv6. Based on the previous discussion i tried changing some settings in
> terms of IPV6 Notation, but no luck.
>
> Has anyone of us tried ipv6 based overcloud deployment on
> Wallaby? Please suggest some way forward.

We run regressions downstream on Wallaby with IPv6 provisioning.
Looking at the PCAP file, the TFTP requests arrives and the server is
responding.

Not sure why dnsmasq (the tftp-server) is not able to complete the
transfer. It is possible adding 'log-debug' to the TFTP server
configuration file[1] and restart the service
'tripleo_ironic_pxe_tftp.service' will surface more details?

Is selinux enabled? Try disabling it with 'setenforce permissive'?
Check the /var/log/audit/audit.log for denials?

[1]
/var/lib/config-data/puppet-generated/ironic/etc/ironic/dnsmasq-tftp-server.conf