[Tripleo] - IPv6 Wallaby Undercloud Installation failure

Lokendra Rathour lokendrarathour at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 08:53:02 UTC 2022

Hi Herald,
please find the response in line:

* Verify that the TFTP server is running?
*[Loke]*
*TFTP Container is running but is in unhealthy state:*

*[root at undercloud ironic]# podman ps -a | grep tftpb3fb26bcf190
 undercloud.ctlplane.localdomain:8787/tripleowallaby/openstack-ironic-pxe:current-tripleo
                /bin/bash -c BIND...  4 hours ago  Up 4 hours ago
(unhealthy)              ironic_pxe_tftp[root at undercloud ironic]#*

* Check the log file - /var/log/containers/ironic/dnsmasq.log
*[Loke]: ERROR*

*[root at undercloud ironic]# tail -f dnsmasq.logJun 18 04:41:10 dnsmasq[11]:
started, version 2.79 DNS disabledJun 18 04:41:10 dnsmasq[11]: compile time
no-conntrack ipset auth DNSSEC loop-detect inotifyJun 18 04:41:10
dnsmasq-tftp[11]: TFTP root is /var/lib/ironic/tftpbootJun 18 08:09:21
dnsmasq-tftp[11]: failed sending /var/lib/ironic/tftpboot/snponly.efi to
aaaa:aaaa:aaaa::4Jun 18 08:09:28 dnsmasq-tftp[11]: failed sending
/var/lib/ironic/tftpboot/snponly.efi to aaaa:aaaa:aaaa::4Jun 18 08:09:35
dnsmasq-tftp[11]: failed sending /var/lib/ironic/tftpboot/snponly.efi to
aaaa:aaaa:aaaa::4*
* Try to capture the TFTP traffic on br-ctlplane to a PCAP file to see
*[Loke]:  *
*attached the same as aaaa.pcap*

*Also do note that there is a similar bug reported:*

*https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1964397
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1964397>*

*the error in the bug is similar to what I have.*

--
~ Lokendra
www.inertiaspeaks.com