Devstack Installation Fails with Internal Server Error (HTTP 500)

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 22:11:54 UTC 2022

On Tue Jun 14 2022 08:15:57 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time), Sean
Mooney <smooney at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2022-06-14 at 06:37 -0700, Dan Smith wrote:
>>> i hit the same issue the other day if you recall me asking about it.
>>> didnt check my devstack logs to see if it installed or not but i can
>>> see if i can repoduce it tomorrow.
>>
>> I checked with the OP and they have it installed properly,
>> system-wide. I was assuming your issue might have been venv (or
>> ordering) related, but theirs was not. There are some other weird things
>> going on with their setup, so I'm not so sure.
> nope, was not useing a vnev or anything special, it just devstack installed normaly more or less
> but driven by the ansible roles. the run devstack rull litrally just opens a shell and invokes
> stack.sh so i dont think there was anything specific ot how i was invoking it.

I saw this today while trying to re-install (stack.sh) an existing
devstack (unstack.sh and clean.sh). I did a fresh devstack after this
and it worked without any problems. So maybe the behavior is intermittent?

The error in the g-api log [1] during service startup was:

Jun 16 19:25:26 node1 devstack at g-api.service[421305]: ERROR
glance.common.wsgi sqlalchemy.exc.NoSuchModuleError: Can't load plugin:
sqlalchemy.plugins:dbcounterplugin=dbcounterplugin=dbcounter

The format of the above plugin message is <group>:<name> [2] which would
mean the group is 'sqlalchemy.plugins' and the name is
'dbcounterplugin=dbcounterplugin=dbcounter'. I thought the latter looked
strange. I thought the name would just be 'dbcounter'.

The dbcounter package was installed:

$ pip show dbcounter
Name: dbcounter
Version: 0.1