Upgrading to a more recent version of jsonschema

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Jun 14 23:49:14 UTC 2022

 ---- On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 17:47:59 -0500 Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote ----
 > On 6/13/22 00:10, Thomas Goirand wrote:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > A few DDs are pushing me to upgrade jsonschema in Debian Unstable.
 > > However, OpenStack global requirements are still stuck at 3.2.0. Is
 > > there any reason for it, or should we attempt to upgrade to 4.6.0?
 > >
 > > I'd really appreciate if someone (else than me) was driving this...
 > >
 > > Cheers,
 > >
 > > Thomas Goirand (zigo)
 > >

 > FYI, Nova fails with it:
 > https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/unstable/amd64/n/nova/22676760/log.gz
 >
 > Can someone from the Nova team investigate?

Nova failures are due to the error message change (it happens regularly and they change them in most versions)
in jsonschema new version. I remember we faced this type of issue previously also and we updated
nova tests not to assert the error message but seems like there are a few left which is failing with
jsonschema 4.6.0.

Along with these error message failures fixes and using the latest jsonschema, in nova, we use
Draft4Validator from jsonschema and the latest validator is Draft7Validator so we should check
what are backward-incompatible changes in Draft7Validator and bump this too?

-gmann