[TripleO] no more patches for tripleo stable/victoria please (going EOL)

Takashi Kajinami tkajinam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 12:22:37 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 9:04 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2022-06-14 20:40:30 +0900 (+0900), Takashi Kajinami wrote:
> [...]
> > In the past, we abandoned backport without checking this and this
> > resulted in broken commit id in some backports. (stable/train
> > backports point to the commit id of ussuri backport, which was
> > never merged).
> [...]
>
> Not sure if it's too heavy-handed, but one workaround would be to
> add a Depends-On footer in the commit message of each backport
> referencing the change for the branch ahead of it. Then, Zuul would
> only ever allow the backport to merge if the same change on all
> newer branches had already merged successfully.

Yeah I think that would be a solution though it requires relatively big
overhead,
because we need to manually add that Depends-on line.

I sometimes hope zuul can block backports depending on the "cherry picked
from commit ..." line
but it might be worth discussing as a potential enhancement with the zuul
devs.