[nova][openstack-ansible] "No Valid Host Found" when running on VirtualBox

Dave Hall kdhall at binghamton.edu
Fri Jun 10 17:01:47 UTC 2022

Dmitry,

I do have 'nested VT-x/AMD-V' turned on on all of my VirtualBox VMs, but
not 'PAE/NX'.  Also, I have installed the VBox Guest Additions, but I
disabled vboxadd-service.service due to clock synchronization issues.

Lastly, I added

nova_virt_type: qemu

to /etc/openstack_deploy/user_variables.yml and re-ran the playbooks.   If
re-running the playbooks won't flip this setting, is there some other
approach, like destroying the LXC containers for nova and then re-run the
playbooks?  Add another compute node?

Side note:  I also added

# rsyslog server
log_hosts:
  log1:
    ip: 172.29.236.14

to openstack_user_config.yml.  After doing so, 'openstack-ansible
setup-hosts' hangs during a task related to rsyslog, but the other two
playbooks complete successfully.

Thanks.

-Dave

--