[all][doc] the openstack-tox-docs job is broken with Sphinx >= 5.0.0

Takashi Kajinami tkajinam at redhat.com
Mon Jun 6 04:15:50 UTC 2022

Hi,

It seems the openstack-tox-docs job is broken in some projects because of
the following
change made in Sphinx >= 5.0.0 .

https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/commit/a3d09835522e6487cf93dcc871179db8d69e4180

We currently have Sphinx 4.5.0 in upper-constraints.txt but some projects
(eg. Heat, Nova,
Neutron) are using only their own docs-constraints.txt and pull the latest
version which is 5.0.1 .

IMO we need to fix the problem by the following two steps, but I'd
appreciate
if anybody can share a better idea.

 1. Update tox.ini to honor upper-constraints.txt. This is needed in master
and
     stable/branches as well.

 2. Update docs/source/conf.py to hard-code the language parameter to 'en'.
     This is required in master so that we can bump the upper version later.

Thank you,
Takashi Kajinami