error creating image from volume

Rajat Dhasmana rdhasman at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 09:36:44 UTC 2022

Hi Russell,

Thanks for finding the issue.

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 5:46 PM Russell Stather <
Russell.Stather at ignitiongroup.co.za> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Trying to create an image from a volume.
>
> Getting this very unhelpful error message.
>
> igadmin at ig-umh-maas:~$ openstack image create  --volume
> 57bc3efa-6cdc-4e2d-a0e2-262340cc6180 commvaultimage
> upload_to_image() got an unexpected keyword argument 'visibility'
>
> Anyone seen this before?

This is indeed a valid bug for which I've proposed the fix here[1]. To
summarize, this is caused because OSC is calling cinderclient with
*visibility* and *protected*
arguments[2] without checking the microversion and the support for passing
*visibility* and *protected* fields is available only since microversion
*3.1* or greater[3][4].

For a quick workaround, pass the* ``--os-volume-api-version 3.1``*
parameter along with the command or set the environment variable
*``OS_VOLUME_API_VERSION``*
to *3.1* or greater value.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-openstackclient/+/844268
[2]