Help needed with Openstack Third Party CI

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Jul 19 22:05:50 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022, at 2:59 PM, Aneesh Pachilangottil wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am trying to set up Openstack third party CI using software factory
> version 3.7. Followed the steps from this guide
> https://softwarefactory-project.io/docs/guides/third_party_ci.html.
>   After adding gerrit connection details for review.opendev.org, I am
> getting an error in the zuul scheduler logs:
>
>   ./scheduler.log:2022-07-18 21:10:25,564 INFO zuul.GerritConnection:
> review.opendev.org: Gerrit Poller is disabled because no HTTP
> authentication is defined

I think this first log message is just noise and doesn't point to a problem. Zuul is able to talk to Gerrit via both http and ssh. In this case you have only configured ssh and it is telling you that some functionality is disabled due to the lack of http connection details.

>   ./web.log:2022-07-18 21:10:23,948 ERROR
> zuul.BranchCache.review.opendev.org
> <http://zuul.branchcache.review.opendev.org/>: Exception loading
> ZKObject <zuul.zk.branch_cache.BranchCacheZKObject object at
> 0x7efee2784190> at
> /zuul/cache/connection/review.opendev.org/branches/data

This is very likely the actual issue. But without the full traceback is difficult to say more. Can you include the full traceback from your logs?

>  The gerrit connection details entry in the sfconfig.yaml file is:
>   gerrit_connections:
>     - name: review.opendev.org
>       hostname: review.opendev.org
>       port: 29418
>       puburl: https://review.opendev.org
>       username: username
>       canonical_hostname: opendev.org
>
>   The SSH key located at
> /var/lib/software-factory/bootstrap-data/ssh_keys/zuul_rsa.pub is added
> to the account in review.opendev.org
>
>   Could anyone suggest if I am missing anything?
>   Are there better alternatives than using a software factory? Any
> documentation available?

Software factory should be a fine way to run Zuul. That said it might be helpful to run the Zuul quickstart to gain some familiarity with how Zuul's components are deployed and function. Then you can map that to your software factory deployment.