[dev] directions to the right project team

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 13:21:47 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 3:44 AM Danny Webb <Danny.Webb at thehutgroup.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately pagination was removed from keystone in the v3 api and as far as we're aware it was never re-added.

This is quite concerning, and a quick look at the code confirms it.
Mostly. There are remnants of "hints" and SQL Query filtering, but the
internal limit is just a truncation which seems bad as well.

https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blame/d7b1d57cae738183f8d85413e942402a8a4efb31/keystone/server/flask/common.py#L675

This seems like a fundamental performance oriented feature because the
overhead in data conversion can be quite a bit when you have a large
number of well... any objects being returned from a database.

Does anyone know if a bug is open for this issue?