[dev][requirements][tripleo] Return of the revenge of lockfile strikes back part II

Cédric Jeanneret cjeanner at redhat.com
Mon Jul 11 07:39:08 UTC 2022

Hello there,

Tripleo can't really drop the dependency on ansible-runner, since it's
the official and supported way to run ansible from within python. We
could of course replace it by subprocess.Popen and the whole family, but
we'll lose all the facilities, especially the ones involved in the
Ansible Execution Environment, which is kind of the "future" for running
ansible (for the better and the worst).

Since ansible-runner has an open issue for that (you even linked it),
and at least one open pull-request to correct this issue, I'm not really
sure we're needing to do anything but follow that open issue and ensure
we get the right version of the package once they merge any of the
proposal to remove it.

Would that be OK? Though, of course, it won't allow to set a deadline on
a specific date...

Cheers,

C.

--
Cédric Jeanneret (He/Him/His)
Sr. Software Engineer - OpenStack Platform