[sdk][devstack] openstacksdk-functional-devstack job failing on stable branches

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jan 26 13:26:55 UTC 2022

On 2022-01-26 09:00:05 +0100 (+0100), Slawek Kaplonski wrote:
[...]
> Those tests are available only in master branch: [1] and they not
> exists in e.g. stable/xena [2].
>
> I'm not sure how those jobs are defined exactly but my guess is
> that on those stable branches where it fails it runs openstacksdk
> from master branch. So either it should be changed and proper
> stable branch of the openstacksdk should be used there or we
> should skip those tests when API extension in neuron is not
> present.
[...]

I find it intriguing that the SDK has stable branches at all. Isn't
the goal that the latest version of the SDK be able to interface
with multiple versions of OpenStack services, new and old? If we
don't test that the current SDK code works with Neutron from Xena,
then that opens it up to growing serious problems for users.

Having the SDK or tests work out what features are expected to work
sounds like the only sensible solution.
--
Jeremy Stanley