[cinder] new driver freeze & exceptions

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 22:25:26 UTC 2022

Hello Argonauts,

The new driver merge deadline passed at 20:00 UTC today.

I'm extending the new driver merge deadline to Friday 28 January at
20:00 UTC for two drivers:

1. Lightbits: It has both a cinder and os-brick patch, and I want the
team to have more time to look at the os-brick patch.  I think the
driver patch is close to ready; the developers have been quick to
respond to comments and make revisions.  Also, the third-party CI is
functioning and responding on patches.
   cinder: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/821602
   os-brick: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/os-brick/+/821603

2. NEC Storage V Series: the driver patch has one +2 and the third party
CI is functioning and responding on patches; I don't see any reason to
make this one wait for the Z release.
   https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/815614

Cinder core reviewers: please continue to review the above patches.

With respect to the other proposed drivers:
- Pure Storage NVMe-RoCE: vendor decided to hold it for Z
- Dell EMC PowerStore NFS driver: vendor decided to hold it for Z
- HPE XP Storage FC & iSCSI: the code is very straightforward, but the
CI is not ready yet, so this will have to wait for Z
- YADRO Tatlin.UNIFIED driver: initial patch arrived yesterday (and has
a -1 from Zuul); the CI appears to be running, but the cinder team needs
to move on to reviewing os-brick and Yoga feature patches, so this will
have to wait for Z also

cheers,
brian