[gate][nova][qa] tempest-*-centos-8-stream job failing consistently since yesterday

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Jan 21 00:17:50 UTC 2022

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022, at 12:42 PM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> ---- On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:18:28 -0600 Ghanshyam Mann
> <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
>  > Hello Everyone,
>  >
>  > You might have noticed that
> 'tempest-integrated-compute-centos-8-stream'
>  > and 'tempest tempest-full-py3-centos-8-stream'  job started failing
> the below two
>  > tests consistently since yesterday (~7 PM CST)
>  >
>  > -
> https://169dddc67bd535a0361f-0632fd6194b48b475d9eb0d8f7720c6c.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/824478/5/check/tempest-integrated-compute-centos-8-stream/e0db6a9/testr_results.html
>  >
>  > I have filed the bug and to unblock the gate (nova & tempest), I
> have pushed patch
>  > to make these job non voting until bug is fixed.
>  >
>  > - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/tempest/+/824740
>  >
>  > Please hold the recheck on nova or tempest (or any other effected
> project).
>
> With the devstack workaround
> (https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/devstack/+/824862),
> jobs are made voting again and working fine
> https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/tempest/+/824962

Looks like http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/BaseOS/x86_64/os/Packages/systemd-239-55.el8.x86_64.rpm exists upstream of us now. Our mirrors haven't updated to pull that in yet but should soon. Then we will also need new centos 8 stream images built as systemd is including in them and I'm not sure that systemd will get updated later.

Once that happens you should be able to revert the various workarounds that have been made.