[nova] Instance Even Scheduling

Ammad Syed syedammad83 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 07:53:35 UTC 2022

Hi,

I have 5 compute nodes. When I deploy instances, the most of the instances
automatically placed in node 1 or node 2. The other compute nodes remain
empty or with one or two instances on it.

enabled_filters =
ComputeFilter,ComputeCapabilitiesFilter,ImagePropertiesFilter,ServerGroupAntiAffinityFilter,ServerGroupAffinityFilter,AggregateInstanceExtraSpecsFilter

I have enabled the above filters. How to ensure that instances should be
scheduled on compute nodes evenly on all compute hosts based on RAM only ?
Like scheduler should schedule the instance on compute host which has a
large amount of RAM available then other hosts.

- Ammad