[neutron] Bug Deputy Report January 03 - 10

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Thu Jan 13 08:18:53 UTC 2022

Hi,

On środa, 12 stycznia 2022 16:03:47 CET Christian Rohmann wrote:
> Hello Lucas,
>
> I hope you don't mind my rather blunt question, but how do tickets end
> up on this list?
> I read
> https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/contributor/policies/
bugs.html#neut
> ron-bug-deputy but am just wondering if there is anything else I should have
> done when reporting the issue?

Bug deputy role in Neutron is rotated weekly. Usually person who is doing bug
deputy is trying to do initial triage of the bug and then sends summary of
such bugs to the ML.
We also discuss some of the bugs during our weekly meeting [1].
There is nothing more on Your side which has to be done here.

> I don't just want to shout louder and certainly everybody wants their
> issue to be looked at and fixed first.
> But I just noticed that my bug report received no reply or confirmation
> in the last three months (apart from the tag "vpnaas" being added),
> while other issues were triaged quickly and were consequently added to
> this deputy report ...

The problem with neutron-vpnaas is that there is almost no one who is
maintining that project currently and probably because of that nobody works on
the bug which You reported.
If You are using that project and are interested in maintaining it, patches
are always welcome :)

[1] https://meetings.opendev.org/#Neutron_Team_Meeting

--
Slawek Kaplonski