[infra] Missing releases from opendev.org/opendev/git-review/tags

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Tue Jan 4 22:13:17 UTC 2022

On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 21:20:24 +0000
Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

Thanks for the detailed explanations, I think I understood everything.
One thing caught my attention:

> It's expected that the place to obtain
> new git-review tarballs is PyPI, as mentioned in our release
> announcements on the service-announce mailing list:
>
> http://lists.opendev.org/pipermail/service-announce/2021-November/000028.html

As it happens, just a short time back, I ran into an issue with PyPI.[1]
Basically, it's possible to upload something there and nobody knows
anything about it. Is that loss of audit trail a concern for our releases?

-- Pete

[1] https://zaitcev.livejournal.com/263602.html