openstack-kolla with GlusterFS integration

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 20:30:14 UTC 2022

Folks,

Recently I have started playing with the Openstack Kolla Project
because of some requirements. I want to integrate kolla with GlusterFS
for nova vm backend storage.

I have functional Glsuter storage and want to mount on compute node to
use for vm backend but not sure how do i do that because i am new to
containers

I can see kolla use following to bind volume with nova_compute container

{
                "Type": "volume",
                "Name": "nova_compute",
                "Source": "/var/lib/docker/volumes/nova_compute/_data",
                "Destination": "/var/lib/nova",
                "Driver": "local",
                "Mode": "rw",
                "RW": true,
                "Propagation": ""
            }

If I can mount GlusterFS in /mnt directory then how do I tell docker
to use /mnt to create volume for nova_compute?