[Devstack][Gnocchi][Ceilometer] Not able to retrieve metrics using ceilometer and gnocchi

Molka Gharbaoui Molka.Gharbaoui at santannapisa.it
Mon Feb 28 16:58:50 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I installed devstack and ceilometer by adding the following lines in the local.conf file:

enable_plugin ceilometer https://opendev.org/openstack/ceilometer.git
CEILOMETER_BACKEND=gnocchi

Devstack (yoga) works correctly (I am able to create images, instances, etc.). The problem is that I cannot visualize the metrics. Using "gnocchi metric list" and "gnocchi resource list" commands the result is empty.

When I use the "--debug" option, no errors are plotted but the body response is empty.

"ceilometer-upgrade" gives the following error: DEBUG ceilometer.cmd.storage Upgrade Gnocchi resource types upgrade /opt/stack/ceilometer/ceilometer/cmd/storage.py:42

"ceilometer-polling" prints "The resource could not be found".

I have a running instance.

Could you help me in retrieving the metrics from openstack?