[cinder] Yoga FEATURE FREEZE in effect

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 16:32:26 UTC 2022

Hello Argonauts,

Having passed Milestone-3 this week (and yes, it was painful), let's
evaluate where we are with cinder Yoga features:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/yoga

Note: You must apply for a Feature Freeze Exception (FFE) by 17:00 UTC
on Tuesday 1 March.  Features granted an FFE must be in the gate by
20:00 UTC on Monday 7 March.  Being granted an FFE is not a guarantee
that your feature will be included in Yoga.

Note to reviewers: please concentrate on the below over the next week.

1. Complete transition to Alembic
-
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/complete-transition-to-alembic
- this is essential technical debt elimination
- has a Feature Freeze Exception

2. Reset State Robustification
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/reset-state-robustification
- Tushar has been working patiently on this forever
- not a destabilizing change
- has a Feature Freeze Exception
- let's prioritize getting the base patch reviewed and merged, and we
can see how far we can work up the stack before 7 March.
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/773985/

Driver features

3. HPE Nimble driver rename
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/nimble-change-location
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/786054
- has one +2
- patch has passed third party CI configured with the old name *and*
with the rename
- has an FFE

Hitachi VSP driver
The below require this non-feature patch, which addresses followup
issues
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/827259/
- has one +2
- doesn't need an FFE because it's a bugfix, but let's get it reviewed
and merged!

4. Support AIX as host OS type for VSP Driver
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/hitachi-vsp-aix-os-type
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/828061
- has one +2
- has an FFE

5. Target Port Assignment for VSP Driver
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/hitachi-vsp-tgt-port-asgn
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/828060
- has one +2
- has an FFE

Questionable:

1. The Return of Make Cinder Consistent and Secure RBAC Ready
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/s-rbac-ready-y
- community goal
- I will meet with the cinder Zed PTL to discuss what to do about this
one (may give a FFE for just part)

2. Hitachi: Port Scheduler for VSP Driver
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/hitachi-vsp-port-scheduler
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/828696
- Code and tests look mostly fine, and CI is passing
- some really minor issues and needs a release note
- needs to be rebased on latest version of 828060
- not giving an auto-FFE because it hasn't had a +2 yet
- must apply for an FFE

3. ibm-svf-portset
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/ibm-svf-portset
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/817351
- no +2s because third-party CI isn't passing
- let's face it, no one is going to review this with failing CI even if
it gets an FFE
- must apply for an FFE