[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 25th Feb, 21: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Feb 25 22:19:58 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============
* We had this week's meeting on 24th. Most of the meeting discussions are summarized below (Completed
or in-progress activities section). Meeting full logs are available
@https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-02-24-15.00.log.html

* Next week's meeting is on 4th March Thursday 15:00 UTC, feel free to add the topic on
the agenda[1] by 3rd March.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Zed cycle technical election[2]
* Switch Keystone back to PTL model[3]

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Yoga cycle
------------------------------
* This etherpad includes the Yoga cycle targets/working items for TC[4].
2 out of 9 items are completed.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Eight open reviews for ongoing activities[5].

Zed cycle Leaderless projects
----------------------------------
As elections are closed, 17 projects are missing the nomination and out of those 11 have
the late nomination. 6 projects are still seeking leaders. As the next step, TC will work on the
assignment of leaders if we find any other steps on these leaderless projects[6].

Zed cycle testing runtime
------------------------------
I started the Zed cycle testing runtime, please check and give any objection if there
is any[7]

PTG Preparation
--------------------
I have started the etherpad for TC PTG[8] preparation as well as for TC+Community Leaders sessions[9].
Also, doodle poll to select the slots[10]

Testing and bumping the lower bounds in requirements.txt
Brian brought this topic while there was discussion on os-bricks bumping the
minimum in requirements.rst[11]. As we do not test the lower bounds, we are not
sure if existing lower bounds work or not. Telling anyone to reply on those is no
guarantee that they will work or not. As TC, we agreed to give more clear direction
on lower bounds and that is why we will discuss this topic in Zed PTG. Meanwhile,
os-brick bumping the minimum is fine.

Release identification and release name
The proposal is under review and updates [12]

Dropping tags framework
------------------------------
part1 of this is merged[13], part-2 of updating release script and other tags
migration is under-progress.

TC position on release cadence
-------------------------------------
The proposal is under review and updates [14].

Fixing Zuul config error
----------------------------
Requesting projects with zuul config error to look into those and fix them which should
not take much time[15].

Project updates
-------------------
* Retire js-openstack-lib (waiting on Adjutant to have new PTL/maintainer) [16]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[17].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [18]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-February/027412.html
      http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-February/027411.html
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/829037