[manila][ptl] Non-candidacy for the Z cycle

Goutham Pacha Ravi gouthampravi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 19:21:14 UTC 2022

Hey Zorillas and other interested Stackers,

I took over as Manila PTL prior to the Ussuri cycle and have had fun
running the project for 5 cycles. The itch for change hasn't subsided.
So, I'd love to hand off the PTL baton and go back to being a
maintainer (or whatever else you'll let my pompous behind claim to
be). Despair not though, there's someone that has bright ideas and
energy to enhance this role that intends to nominate themselves to
lead us through the Zorilla (Zed) cycle!

I'm very proud that I had your encouragement and support for the past
~three years.
We innovated and incorporated some fun practices that held the
community together and grew it over time. We chipped away at tech debt
in an organized fashion, created focus teams, added half a dozen core
reviewers, mentored 20 (!) interns, squashed bugs, put together
hackfests, collaborated on reviews and somehow made the
pandemic-caused virtual project team gatherings fun as well. We will
do so much more of this with the new PTL and the hyper-charged zorilla
spirit :D So I'm very excited.

Thank you for your support!

--
Goutham Pacha Ravi