[tc][release] Removing TC tags framework - next steps for release notes

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 20:14:56 UTC 2022

Hello Release Team,

As you might have heard, the TC is removing the TC tags framework. [1]
The first step has already been proposed and is being voted on. [2]

The removal of certain parts seems to be affecting the release team
tooling, especially with the usage of the stable:follows-policy tag to
show a relevant banner. [3]
The proposed change purposely avoids breaking the releases repo and
awaits a "part 2" which cleans up everything
TC-tags-framework-related.

Thus, I am asking for your help to remove this dependency on the tags framework.
I understand there might be several approaches to this and need your
assistance to continue.
The simplest approach is to drop the relevant code - assuming it is
not actively used for release process purposes.
Obviously, for anything else I need your input on what the options are.
It is also possible that you would prefer to port this tag to your
internal metadata.
I am open to ideas and will help enact the changes.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-October/025554.html
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/822900
[3] https://opendev.org/openstack/releases/src/commit/768a12e233c23999db18c807c228b6ec0b042eea/openstack_releases/cmds/list_changes.py#L303

Kind regards,