[ironic] kickstart/iso configuration

Carol Bouchard cbouchar at redhat.com
Wed Feb 9 12:37:18 UTC 2022

Ironic folks:

I've set-up bifrost which is spawning two VMs to test with.  I'm using the
xena branch
for both bifrost and ironic.  Bifrost sets these VMs up as
whole-disk-images.  I've
undeployed one VM and trying to deploy the same VM by using the default
kickstart
file and a RHEL7 ISO file but I'm not having any success.  Could you
suggest what
configuration changes are expected in this case to get this to work? What
would you expect
deploy-interface and instance-info to look like?

BTW And I've applied portions (changes to cache_ramdisk_kernel() only) of
the patch for https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ironic/+/827924.

Carol