[ironic] Each deploy overwrites the entire target disk

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:45:34 UTC 2022

Dears,

I have a question regarding the default behaviour of Ironic Python
Agent - it seems that each deploy causes the entire target disk to be
overwritten. I have noticed this after replacing disks with larger
ones, the deployment process started taking considerably longer and I
observed that each sector is rewritten on the target device.
Is that expected? Can I somehow avoid it?
I am using whole-disk, qcow2 images that are much smaller than the
disk size (even in raw form).
I am running Ironic Wallaby.
The deployment method is direct.

Kind regards,