[Tripleo] Issue in Baremetal Provisioning from Overcloud

Anirudh Gupta anyrude10 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 04:02:55 UTC 2022

Hi Julia,

Thanks for your response.
For the overcloud deployment, I am executing the following command:

openstack overcloud deploy --templates \
    -n /home/stack/templates/network_data.yaml \
    -r /home/stack/templates/roles_data.yaml \
    -e /home/stack/templates/node-info.yaml \
    -e /home/stack/templates/environment.yaml \
    -e /home/stack/templates/environments/network-isolation.yaml \
    -e /home/stack/templates/environments/network-environment.yaml \
    -e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services/ironic.yaml
\
    -e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services/ironic-conductor.yaml
\
    -e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services/ironic-inspector.yaml
\
    -e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services/ironic-overcloud.yaml
\
    -e /home/stack/templates/ironic-config.yaml \
    -e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/docker-ha.yaml \
    -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/podman.yaml
\
    -e /home/stack/containers-prepare-parameter.yaml

I can see some OVN related stuff in my roles_data and
environments/network-isolation.yaml

[stack at undercloud ~]$ grep -inr "ovn"
roles_data.yaml:34:    *OVNCMSOptions: "enable-chassis-as-gw"*
roles_data.yaml:168:    - *OS::TripleO::Services::OVNDBs*
roles_data.yaml:169:    - *OS::TripleO::Services::OVNController*
roles_data.yaml:279:    - *OS::TripleO::Services::OVNController*
roles_data.yaml:280:    - *OS::TripleO::Services::OVNMetadataAgent*
environments/network-isolation.yaml:16:
*OS::TripleO::Network::Ports::OVNDBsVipPort:
../network/ports/vip.yaml*

What is your recommendation and how to disable OVN....should I remove it
from roles_data.yaml and then render so that it doesn't get generated
in environments/network-isolation.yaml
Please suggest some pointers.

Regards
Anirudh Gupta

It seems OVN is getting installed in ironic