[Tripleo] Issue in Baremetal Provisioning from Overcloud

Anirudh Gupta anyrude10 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:15:02 UTC 2022

Hi Team

I am trying to Provision Bare Metal Node from my tripleo Overcloud.
For this, while deploying the overcloud, I have followed the *"default
flat" *network approach specified in the below link
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_openstack_platform/15/html/bare_metal_provisioning/sect-planning

Just to highlight the changes, I have defined the

*ironic-config.yaml*

parameter_defaults:
    IronicIPXEEnabled: true
    IronicInspectorSubnets:
    - ip_range: *172.23.3.100,172.23.3.150*
    IronicInspectorInterface: 'br-baremetal'

Also modified the file *~/templates/network-environment.yaml*

parameter_defaults:
  NeutronBridgeMappings: datacentre:br-ex,baremetal:br-baremetal
  NeutronFlatNetworks: datacentre,baremetal

With this I have Followed all the steps of creating br-baremetal bridge on
controller, given in the link below:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_openstack_platform/15/html/bare_metal_provisioning/sect-deploy

  - type: ovs_bridge
     name: br-baremetal
     use_dhcp: false
     members:
     - type: interface
       name: nic3

Post Deployment, I have also create a flat network on "datacentre"
physical network and subnet having the range *172.23.3.200,172.23.3.240 *(as
suggested subnet is same as of inspector and range is different) and the
router

Also created a baremetal node and ran *"openstack baremetal node manage
bm1", *the state of which was a success.

Observation:

On executing  "openstack baremetal node *provide* bm1", the machine gets
power on and ideally it should take an IP from ironic inspector range and
PXE Boot.
But nothing of this sort happens and we see an IP from neutron range "
*172.23.3.239*" (attached the screenshot)

[image: image.png]

I have checked overcloud ironic inspector podman logs alongwith the tcpdump.
In tcpdump, I can only see dhcp discover request on br-baremetal and
nothing happens after that.

I have tried to explain my issue in detail, but I would be happy to share
more details in case still required.
Can someone please help in resolving my issue.

Regards
Anirudh Gupta