[nova][gate] test_tagged_attachment failing close to 100% in nova-next

Artom Lifshitz alifshit at redhat.com
Thu Feb 3 12:57:56 UTC 2022

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1959899

The test times out verifying the tags in the metadata API after
attaching a NIC and volume.

This is happening almost 100% of the time, but I've seen at least a
couple of passing runs as well. We have yet to determine what the
exact failure mode is - is the metadata API timing out (unlikely,
since every other test passes)? Or are the expected tags just not
present (more likely)?

I'm trying to figure some things out at [1], but other than that this
is very much under investigation with no root cause identified yet.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/827549