Openstack VLAN provider Network

Felipe Mogollon fmogollon at vicomtech.org
Wed Feb 2 16:51:52 UTC 2022

Hi,
I am using openvswitch too.

I have those parameters configured as your example, packstack does it for
me, but I dont't get what do you mean with "a completely unconfigured
interface for VLANS", do you mean that my
"/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eno1" (for Centos and eno1 is the NIC
which is connected to VLAN enabled switch) should be empty?

I haven't configured eno1 at all and after deploying OpenStack with
packstack I have the following content on

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eno1

> DEVICE=eno1
> NAME=eno1
> DEVICETYPE=ovs
> TYPE=OVSPort
> OVS_BRIDGE=br-ex1
> ONBOOT=yes
> BOOTPROTO=none

and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br-ex1

ONBOOT=yes
> PEERDNS=no
> NM_CONTROLLED=no
> NOZEROCONF=yes
> DEVICE=br-ex1
> NAME=br-ex1
> DEVICETYPE=ovs
> OVSBOOTPROTO=none
> TYPE=OVSBridge
> OVS_EXTRA="set bridge br-ex1 fail_mode=standalone"

my routing table is:

> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
> Iface
> 0.0.0.0         192.168.15.254  0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0
> br-ex
> 169.254.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.0.0     U     1002   0        0
> eno3
> 169.254.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.0.0     U     1004   0        0
> eno1
> 169.254.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.0.0     U     1005   0        0
> eno2
> 169.254.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.0.0     U     1043   0        0
> br-ex
> 192.168.15.0    0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
> br-ex

Felipe