Openstack VLAN provider Network

DHilsbos at performair.com DHilsbos at performair.com
Wed Feb 2 15:49:09 UTC 2022

Felipe;

A lot of this will depend on how you have Neutron configured.  We use OpenVSwitch.  For OpenVSwitch you want a completely unconfigured interface, for VLANs.

If you haven't looked at Server World's tutorial for OpenStack, I would suggest you do so.  They can be found here:
https://www.server-world.info/en/note?os=Ubuntu_20.04&p=openstack_xena2&f=6
https://www.server-world.info/en/note?os=CentOS_Stream_8&p=openstack_xena2&f=6

Pay particular attention to the names br-eth1 and physnet1, and where and how they are used.  You are likely going to need to reference the "Configure Neutron #2" page from the tutorial to understand the whole configuration, as these assume #1 and #2 have been completed (#1 walks through how to setup the support services).

The tutorials are for VXLAN, but are modifiable to be VLAN.

In particular;
[ml2_type_vxlan]
vni_ranges = 1:1000

becomes:
[ml2_type_vlan]
network_vlan_ranges = physnet1:1:1000

For you, I believe that last line would be:
network_vlan_ranges = physnet1:684:684

What I can't help you with is how this interacts with PackStack.

Thank you,

Dominic L. Hilsbos, MBA
Vice President – Information Technology
Perform Air International Inc.