Openstack VLAN provider Network

Felipe Mogollon fmogollon at vicomtech.org
Tue Feb 1 14:49:02 UTC 2022

I have deployed an OpenStack Victoria using packstack in a Centos 8 Stream
machine.

I have 3 NIC interfaces that are configured in the following way

eno1 -> VLAN 684 10.15.0.0/16
eno2 -> local network 192.168.235.0/24
eno3 -> local network 192.168.15.0/24

VLAN and local networks are working fine outside Openstack.

I have deployed Openstack using packstack and local networks work fine and
I can deploy instances inside openstack that get floating ips from those
ranges without problem and I can ping to them.

The problem is with VLAN network, I can deploy instances and I get floating
ips from VLAN network range but I can't ping them.

My packstack answer file is https://pastebin.com/GEqspMWu

I have created VLAN network using following commands:

neutron net-create vlan_network --provider:network_type vlan
--provider:physical_network vlan  --router:external=True --shared
--provider:segmentation_id=684

neutron subnet-create --name vlan_subnet --enable_dhcp=False
--allocation-pool=start=10.15.11.103,end=10.15.11.113
--gateway=10.15.11.1 vlan_network 10.15.11.0/24

Any ideas?

--
<https://www.vicomtech.org>

Juan Felipe Mogollón Rodríguez
Researcher | Investigador

fmogollon at vicomtech.org
+[34] 943 30 92 30
Digital Media

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/vicomtech>
<https://www.youtube.com/user/VICOMTech>  <https://twitter.com/@Vicomtech>

member of:  <https://graphicsvision.ai/>

La información que contiene este mensaje y sus adjuntos son confidenciales
y están dirigidos exclusivamente a sus destinatarios. Si recibe este
mensaje por error, se ruega nos lo comunique y proceda a su borrado.

The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipients designated in the
original message. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.