[infra] Issue with the new pip

Daniel Mats Niklas Bengtsson dbengt at redhat.com
Tue Feb 1 11:22:06 UTC 2022

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 8:09 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> Yes, that's due to the pip 22.0 release earlier today. The main
> issue we're dealing with is https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/10825
> and have some changes up (one of which has already merged) under
> topic:pip-22 to hopefully address it. Unfortunately change 826969
> isn't going to take effect until the wheel cache indices are
> regenerated by the openstack/requirements periodic pipeline jobs.
I also have an error due to the new pip version on two jobs, the first
one[1] in ussuri and the second one[2] in train. I saw a patch[3] was
merged yesterday to support python 3.6 and use the right get-pip, I
will try a recheck.

[1] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/a37704d48ef34401bdad0418ad19fda4
[2] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/4e3ee8a01b4e4d4a81db52beb34610b9
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/826968/1/playbooks/roles/pip3/tasks/bionic.yaml