Nova libvirt/kvm sound device

Zakhar Kirpichenko zakhar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 15:40:47 UTC 2022

Hi!

I'd like to have the following configuration added to every guest on a
specific host managed by Nova and libvirt/kvm:

    <sound model='bla'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1b'
function='0x0'/>
    </sound>

When I add the device manually to instance xml, it works as intended but
the instance configuration gets overwritten on instance stop/start or hard
reboot via Nova.

What is the currently supported / proper way to add a virtual sound device
without having to modify libvirt or Nova code? I would appreciate any
advice.

Best regards,
Zakhar