[ironic] Bugfix branches being EOL'd first week of Jan, 2023

Jay Faulkner jay at gr-oss.io
Tue Dec 13 17:04:16 UTC 2022

OpenStack Community and Operators,

As documented in
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/new-release-model.html,
Ironic performs bugfix releases in the middle of a cycle to permit
downstream packagers to more rapidly deliver features to standalone Ironic
users.

However, we've neglected as a project to cleanup or EOL any of these
branches -- until now. Please take notice that during the first week in
January, we will be EOL-ing all old, unsupported Ironic bugfix branches.
This will be handled similarly to an EOL of a stable branch; we will create
a tag -- e.g. for bugfix/x.y branch, we would tag bugfix-x.y-eol -- then
remove the branch.

These branches have been out of support for months and should not be in use
in your Ironic clusters. If you are using any branches slated for
retirement, please immediately upgrade to a supported Ironic version.

A full listing of projects and branches impacted:

ironic branches being retired
bugfix/15.1
bugfix/15.2
bugfix/16.1
bugfix/16.2
bugfix/18.0
bugfix/20.0

ironic-python-agent branches being retired
bugfix/6.2
bugfix/6.3
bugfix/6.5
bugfix/6.6