Floating IP

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Aug 22 10:19:21 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-08-22 at 09:28 +0200, Lajos Katona wrote:
> Hi,
> Perhaps you can use Heat and hot templates:
> https://docs.openstack.org/heat/latest/template_guide/basic_resources.html#create-and-associate-a-floating-ip-to-an-instance

heat would be one way.
nova does not support creating an instance and automatically assigining a floating ip atomicly its also not something we plan to add in the future.

if creating the server and addign the floating ip is not somethign that works for you you can do it the other way

create the neutron port and add the floating ip to it then boot the vm with that port.
that way the first time the vms boots it will already have the floating ip assgined to it but tis still going to require
multiple steps.