[Ansible] [Yoga] Set rsyslog not to containerise

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 09:35:07 UTC 2022

Hey,

Well, first of all in Yoga we don't send any logs with rsyslog. This is
deprecated since Train I guess, and we haven't managed to fully remove
roles and reference in docs.
All logs are stored in systemd-journald. Logs from containers are available
on metal hosts. You still can forward journald to rsyslog, but maybe you
want better central logging solution overall?
As example, in ops repo we do have community-driven role for elk deployment
https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-ansible-ops/src/branch/master/elk_metrics_7x

Another way can be to use journald-remote, and we have playbook and role
for that as well:
https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-ansible/src/branch/master/playbooks/infra-journal-remote.yml

But tool itself has several nasty bugs and not maintained well upstream.

Regarding your original question, you can see example of how to deploy some
service on metal in our docs:
https://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ansible/latest/reference/inventory/configure-inventory.html#deploying-directly-on-hosts