[DIB][diskimage-builder] Rocky Linux image build method

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Aug 2 11:55:54 UTC 2022

On 2022-08-02 12:17:58 +1000 (+1000), Ian Wienand wrote:
[...]
> In terms of having your dependencies available in final images,
> nothing really beats specifying them explicitly.  Something like [1].
> I think I'd encourage this rather than trying to add another platform
> to support in dib.
[...]

And, just to be clear, in OpenDev our goal is to have only the
things necessary to start the VM and connect with Ansible. We do
also cache some expensive-to-retrieve things like Git repositories
and files nearly every job is otherwise going to try to fetch over
the network into these images, in order to improve job startup times
and stability, but job-specific or project-specific dependencies
should be explicitly installed by the jobs themselves.
--
Jeremy Stanley